Tuesday 17 January 2012

18. all lined up

on taking notice of people or objects aligned with lines on the ground…..

as I was pondering whether or not footprints count as ‘objects’ (more of which later) in popped this decidedly bouncy email:

“had planning to mail you for an assignment extension - living out in 't sticks, there is little opportunity to find straight-line-ness, and i'm off to a print workshop at the de la warr pavilion [ http://www.dlwp.com/  ] on monday, so was hopeful to conjure up something there... but i've been taking my compact ricoh on every dog walk...and lo! this morning, i found myself ambling by a very shadow-strewn farm gate……

lines (1 of 1)

pic in dropbox now.  i say pic, as camera seemed to die on me mid-multi-attempts... all settings freezing and refusing to write to memory :-(

i loved that camera…..”

in response – one ‘word’ I think says it all: *

meanwhile, back to my tussles with my conscience about being overly ‘creative’ with the brief (or to be more accurate, to my not having read the brief quite carefully enough).  I had originally had high hopes of this…..

_MG_0190

where doggy paw prints (perhaps not strictly speaking ‘objects’ but ‘aligned’ they definitely are) trot alongside the lines of the sled they were pulling (with a few herringbone cross-country ski tracks for good measure) and also of this…..

_MG_0183

which probably also breaks the ‘aligned’ rule

a day later, in a different snowy location, there was this…..

_MG_0223

where the line of the shadow of the barbed wire is echoed by a line of birdie footprints – which I don’t mind admitting I didn’t actually see when I took the photo

so you see, if footprints don’t count as objects, then I am kind of screwed…..

No comments:

Post a Comment