Monday 9 January 2012

17. best friends

something of a seasonal hiatus has there been; but finally we have the makings of a post - and it goes something like this:

J: helloo helloo helloo - and a vvv happy new year to you. having to resort to a Word document - and the delicious possibility of a wi-fi lunch out yet again (what my poor tummy [hips, upper arms, bum] must go through in order that I remain in touch with the world!)

the OG (old git) has come up with a number (about time too, I hear you say) or to be more accurate, he came up with three, the first being 55 - and we have already crept in close - the second 56 (I am all for taking an executive decision here about best friends - unless we can hunt down some beach buddies in the next couple of days) and yup you guessed (he’s nothing if not predictable my OG) the third was 57, or ‘minimising the view of a seemingly complex scene’

I am all for having a go at the friendship one if you are up for it but unless we (we being me ‘n ‘im) get off our proverbial backsides and down to the seaside (and I guess unless too that these elusive best friends get off theirs and do likewise) then it will have to be the simplification of complexity – and I am certainly all for that! – so can I keep you posted (wi-fi lunches notwithstanding)?

and now I must go down to the sea again, to the lonely sea and the sky.....

J: Had fun on the beach yesterday (late) afternoon, hunting for ‘best friends’ to snap.  Sadly the sun had almost set and anyone who had earlier been playing in the sand had clearly already gone home.  However, I got one or two possibilities; two little girls on a see-saw…..

_MG_9880

a couple strolling along the shore arm in arm…..

_MG_9840

an old lady throwing pebbles for her dog (not in focus) and a very colourful brother and sister.  We chased the last remaining rays of sun into the marina and found a toothless old man who bent down to stroke a semi-wild cat (unfortunately this was shot right into the sun and so was rather overwhelmed by sun-flare; also he had a very hairy arm which meant that it was hard to tell which was cat and which was him).  Then, just as we were heading back to the car, a fishing boat came in and one of the young guys had a puppy in his arms; clearly they too were best friends!  Crap photo though as it turned out.  Shame…..

T: am currently on train back from Manchester, having come oop north for BF's mum's 80th... lots has been happening at home, so am all behind on pix... I have a poss 'best friends' one I took a while ago (ie pre-challenge), but might have to cheat with this... will send over all attempts to meet challenges by end of day... I had a best-friend concept in my head, to take this morning, involving my BF and me and his'n'hers old git slippers... but my watch had stopped, so it was a bit of a shock to discover we were still talking in bed at 9.45, when my watch said 8.45... and I had to leave for train at 10.30! More soonest...

T: re: body language and friends, i hope the pic i took at tate modern aeons ago will suffice. perhaps, like a cat, we are allowed nine lives in this here challenge of ours - and i've just used one - or two! - of mine?! your pix are lovely, i had similar 'connected on the beach shots' from my last trip to france - something  quite joyful about the intimacy

DSC_2502-1

J: your 'creativity' is inspiring - I love the arm that reaches out.....so very touching! in more ways than one haha! 

T: next week’s challenge is number 43: 'take notice of people or objects aligned with lines on the ground'. simple then.

(and ps new year's resolution = no alcohol during week... except bank holiday mondays... sigh...

J: PS oddly enough for me too, New Year’s Resolution = no alcohol during week… except when in ‘restaurants’; but unfortunately lunch in local trucker’s place doesn’t count as a ‘restaurant’ (I have decided a ‘restaurant’ is where you book) so am looking forward (not!) to a second wine-free lunch in a row); but Friday evenings, you will be pleased to hear, count as weekends… NYR also = fewer crisps and less chocolate [when I look down at the moment I see tummy; not a good look!])

You read it first here!  Cheers.  In advance.  For Friday.  Hic.

No comments:

Post a Comment