Monday 28 November 2011

13. memoirs of a geisha

so this week’s remit was to ‘experience a scene through a screen or faded glass’ - and this is how it happened…..

it’s Saturday (what do you mean, last minute?) and we're just off out for lunch, hoping for murky distorting windows.....or muslin drapes.....not to mention a hefty verre de vin.  thinks; do wine glasses (faded or otherwise) count?

and on Sunday: lunch delivered full tummy but not much else, although there was a bamboo blind in the garden with which I amused myself for a while

seen through a screen

however, am currently trying to find a way of weaving concept of 'screen' into dewy grassy pics I just took…..

and of toni’s offering…..

blurred window (1 of 1)

I love it - the crop is perfect - and it has your trademark murky grey.....

in response: so pleased you noticed the crop - this, tis true, took longer to 'sort' than taking the picture itself... always knew i could count on my crapola south-facing, single-glazed windows to provide a suitably smeary look...

my automatic number-generator has gorn orf for a week, so off the top of my head let’s go for number 55, and it’s creep in close

(PS am rather liking the idea of uploading a collage; it makes choosing so much less stressful!)

No comments:

Post a Comment